Monday, November 1, 2010

When In Rome...

Hey Now, Hey Now....
If you know what this is from, you either are a teen-aged girl or have one.  Anywho, Kaitlin and I spent the day in Rome on our way to Ireland.  We can't help that the only things we know about Rome are from the Lizzie McGuire Movie.. We walked around the Colosseum and Arch of Constantine and took a thousand pictures.  It is weird to think that gladiators used to walk around speaking Latin here.  It is also weird to look at a massive ampitheatre where chariots had spikes coming out from the wheels in order to slice.  Lions were also kept in the Colosseum and mauled people.  Thousands cheered for the deaths that took place.  Gotta love the genious Romans.We also went to the Trevi Fountain where I got my Lizzie McGuire on and wished upon an Italian penny.  Even though we saw some of the Roman monuments, I still did not get to see everything.  Luckily I am going on a field trip to Rome with my Michelangelo class and we are literally racing all around the city and the Vatican in order to see every Michelangelo work.  I can't wait!!!

After a day of sight seeing, Kaitlin and I had to take a train and a bus to get to the Ciampino  Airport.  I now know why Ryan Air is so cheap.  It was literally the scariest flight I have ever been on.  haha.  I guess I'm spoiled, but the seats looked like plastic seats from rhe Power Wheels car I used drive down my street while wearing my rainbow Gymboree outfit.

Onward ho to Ireland! 

Some of the shots I got...And a few by my Fabulous Roommate Kaitlin.
 





















No comments:

Post a Comment