Thursday, September 16, 2010

Capri Sun



Amalfi Coast Trip-
Day 1: Capri!
I always loved the Capri Sun juice boxes when I was little. Now I know why someone would name a drink after Capri: It is the most beautiful island in Italy, maybe even in all of Europe, or in the entire world! I don't think I will ever seen water that is a more vibrant shade of blue than Capri water. At 8 am we took a ferry ride to the island, we saw the first Italian light house, the Blue Grotto (didn't get to go inside it because it was stormy), and the most picturesque landscapes one could imagine. We docked at Marina Piccola and like tourists, started snapping thousands of pictures immediately.


The first thing we did was hike up to Augustus' Gardens. It took about an hour but we had nice weather and tons to look at...




Augustus' Garden was beautiful, he and his comrades used to vacation to Capri. Haha I love history!


Funny story. I have a roommate named Katherine, and I call her baby Katherine because she's smaller, and a little bit quiet. After she came out of the bathroom I was waiting outside and said, " awww baby" and the bathroom attendent (who was about 75 and doesn't speak english) runs up and says "baby, baby?". He then proceeds to rub Katherine's stomach and lifts up her shirt and rubs her belly. She's screaming "NO BABY, NO BABY", and the little Italian man slaps my hand and says, "no,baby". It was really funny, you had to be there! Now we always run around saying "baby, baby?"Naturally, Katherine's boyfriend was amused. After that we walked into the city where they have Limoncello and handmade sandal shops everywhere... I mean every single store! But don't worry all you tourists, they even had D&G... The town was very small and charming. We took a bus ride up to Anacapri where we spent most of our day. I had the best pizza that I have had so far in Italy, just prosciutto and mozarella. Then we shopped, I had lemon and black cherry gelato, and Lindsay and I went exploring.


For 7 euro, Lindsay and I took a chair lift ride up to Mt. Solaro at the top of the island. We had a 360 degree view and could see the coastline of Italy and other islands. It only took 15 minutes for the rides there and back. I never wanted to get off that chairlift. It was a like a ski lift for one person. It was so relaxing to look at views of the ocean, mini vineyards, and random peoples' backyards. We walked around and took pictures, they have a restaurant up there that I would like to eat at someday.






We took the bus back down to the marina, layed on the beach and then ferried back to Sorrento. For dinner we went out and I got penne with zucchini. yummm. The next day we went to Positano!

No comments:

Post a Comment