Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cinque Terre-My New Favorite Beach Towns!


The beautiful fifth city of Cinque Terre, Monterrosso

Cats follow me around the world!

Beginning our hike :D




More lovers leaving their locks of love

Isa is my Brazillian roommate


Banana Gelato mmmm

Found Lani's cousin who was visiting from Germany

The beach of Monterrosso, the fifth town, where we hung out on the beach for a few hours

Panini pomodore con tonno. mmmmm cinque terre tuna, only 3.50 euro

beginning our hike! so much fun :D

Today I went to Cinque Terre (Five Lands) with 4 of my roommates. We went on a day tour through Bus2Alps.. They have a lot of cheap trips for students. For 38 Euro We got the 2.5 hour bus ride to the coast of Italy and then a day pass to the train that goes to each of the five towns. We hiked from the first town Riomaggiore to the third town, Corniglia. From there we hiked to the next town. The hike is along the cliff against the water and the view was breath taking. The weather was very warm so we decided to only do 2 of the 5 hikes. Their difficulty increases each hike. After the second town, we got lunch at the Blue Marlin Bar where I got a tuna and tomato panini. It was scrumptious. Then we took the train to Monterrosso, the last of the five towns. That's where the biggest beach is. There are also tons of gift shops, gelato places, and little hotels. For five euro we each rented an umbrella on the beach with a massive beach lounging chair. We stayed on the beach for about 4 hours and went in the water which was extremely blue and I got banana gelato. The weather was perfect, everyone was very happy, and the atmosphere was amazing. I could not have asked for a better way to celebrate the last day of summer! The only thing I did not like was that the beach was very rocky, not sharp rocks, but no sand at all. Around 6 we road the train back to the first station and took the bus back to Florence. The drive through Tuscany was unbelievable!!! When I win the lottery, you can all come stay in my guesthouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment